Faculty of Tropical Medicine. Mahidol University. Bangkok. Thailand
This training will be delivering on online platform basis of multimedia presentations including virtual laboratory and case demonstration. All participants and lecturers will be able to discuss on various topics in this online platform and Q&A chat box using ZOOM® application. Training materials and handout together with WHO malaria reference handbooks in e-form will be handed to all confirmed participants at least 1 week prior to training course start date.
Training will be conduct from Monday 21 – Friday 25 August 2023 between 12.00-15.00 hr. in Bangkok, Thailand local time (GMT+7) on www.malariatraining.org registered and fully paid participants should use their username and password provided after finished payment process to login to this training.
the essential topics in the Online Training Course on Management of Malaria:
1. Overview of the WHO Global Technical Strategy for Malaria 2016 – 2030 (GTS) and Sustainable Development
2. Epidemiology of malaria and overview of
3. Overview of severe malaria, diagnosis of
4. Use of anti-malarial drugs and including anti-malarial
drugs in area with anti-malarial drug resistance
5. Pathophysiology of severe malaria, pathogenesis
& pathology of severe malaria (with virtual lab.
6. Management of acute kidney injury, acid-base
& electrolyte disturbances in severe malaria,
management of pulmonary edema in severe malaria
7. Management of cerebral malaria & other malarial complications, malaria prevention & chemoprophylaxis
8. Malaria vector control
9. Nursing care in severe malaria
10. Management of malaria in pregnancy
11. Management of malaria in children
12. Management of severe malaria in limited facilities.